Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The End is near.....

If there is anyone out there who has been following my blog or will even read this, you might know that my posts have kinda been all over the place in terms of the oil and gas industry.  For those of you who are taking a look at the blog for the first time, I will give a little summary or a list rather of some of the things I have posted about throughout this semester.  I created this blog (unwillingly) for a Science Communication class that I (unwillingly) had to complete to graduate from Colorado School of Mines.  In my cluster of posts, I started talking about some basic ideas; types of drilling rigs (onshore and offshore), horizontal drilling methods, new technological drilling tools.  As the semester went on, I learned communicating with the public was a lot more than throwing technical details at them.  I started posted more about how these advancements helped access uneconomical reserves and flatten out the production trend in the U.S. rather than it continuing and a steep downward trend.  Several of my posts have been about hydraulic fracturing and the doors it has opened for future production.  I guess my main point in the majority of my posts has been seen in the last few.  Oil and natural gas is a very good source for the energy consumed throughout the world today.  Technologies get introduced into the industry every few years and the production increases substantially.  Whenever talk about rapidly decreasing production becomes a topic of interest, production methods enhancing production pop out of no where just like hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling have done so in the aspect of tight gas and shale production.  It seems that when times get hard in energy outlook, a breakthrough is made in the industry and the future production of oil and gas is extended 100 years or so.  I'm going to work in the oil and gas industry for a service company, so I will keep my hopes up that this trend continues for many years.  Anyways, thank you for reading my blog if you have been following.  This will probably be my last post ever, and this blog probably won't exist longer than one more week unless I forget to delete it.  Thanks again.  DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment